The sun rays shed into a brilliance of mosaics, sweeping through the wisp of the clouds, turning the world of dreamy nights into one of living art. The air was filled with festivity and the atmosphere was thriving with streaks of belongingness. In the ever-smiling village of the East, happiness ran through the cluster of closely built homes like blood pumping through the arteries, giving life to the heart of India; the villages. The man on khatiya was given company by the golden birds as they chirped a tribute to the sleeping the bones of the ancestors, those who became the muse for the craftsmen and musicians at work. The twinkling melody travelled through every soul, connecting them together; Lord Ganesha, the deer, elephants, peacock, the men and women reading; all became part of the hymn that could only be felt in the realms of the paths of mud and in the duvet of greens, in a village that was no less than a fairy-tale from our childhood book, displaying a scenery of a prosperous neighbourhood too beautiful to overlook.
Paying tribute to the Kandha tribute community of the district of Mayurbhanj of the vibrant state of Odisha for carrying the legacy of the Dhokra Art for centuries, 'Echoes of the Village' is a delicacy that is embraced by the exquisite artistry of metal figurines given life through bronze and copper-based alloys using a lost wax casting. The Kandha tribe summon their muse for inspiration and create a core smaller than the desired artefact with clay and provided a wax layer to be dried under the warmth of the ultimate source of heat; the Sun. The core is layered with a thin clay and the alluring details of the structures are carved with the skills that took years to master. The molten metal is poured into the cavity once the wax has dried off and set aside to give the mould a shape that would soon grace your house with their charms. The metal artefact is extracted from the cooled off clay mould like a vivacious butterfly breaking free from her shell, revealing its beauty to the whole world to witness. Patina is applied to the artefacts along with a coat of wax as a protective layer of adornment and care.
Inspired by the Indian tribal life and delicately handmade in Brass, the 'Golden Couple' is a decorative figurines, made with love by our tribal artisans from the interiors of Eastern India.The figurines depicts a rural couple in their ethnic attire which tells a saga of rich cultural heritage and legacy of primitive metal craft.
The artefacts of the tribal life, represent an ancient Indian tribal brass craft known as Dhokra which dates back to 4000 years. This set of figurines, is surely going to bring with itself a fragment of raw Indian tribal culture to your living space.
- The figurine depicts a rural couple in their ethnic attire.
- Ideal for decorating homes or offices.
- Can be considered as a gift option for your loved ones.
- Depicts Dhokra Art which is 100% handmade in brass using lost-wax casting technique.
- This product has been made by hand and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process.
- Comes in Golden color.
- Comes in the dimensions: 4.4"(L), 3.7"(W), 4.3"(H) Inch in size.
- This is 100% handmade by the local tribes of India.
- The product is lead free.
- Comes in a raw antique finish.
Dhokra Art which is 100% handmade using the lost-wax casting technique.
(L * W * H) = (4.4 * 3.7 * 4.3) Inch
- The weight of the showpiece is 546 grams.
- As this product is completely handmade there might be a slight color or design variation, which is natural and hence makes the product unique.
- Comes in a raw antique finish.
- Wipe off with a dry cloth and do not use abrasive material for cleaning.
- Please refer to dimensions images and the dimensions of the figurines before buying.
- These miniatures are small figurines which can be used as showpieces.
- This is a small figurine which can be used as showpieces having height of 4.3 Inches.
Wipe with a dry cloth.
Wash & Care - Remove the dust with a dry or mildly wet cloth.
Sold By - Etail Marketing Pvt. Ltd.